The route for the 2019 American Legion Legacy Run is set.
The ride, which raises money for The American Legion Legacy Scholarship Fund, will depart American Legion Post 347 in Lady Lake, Fla., on Aug. 18, and arrive in Indianapolis, Ind., on Aug. 22 for the 2019 American Legion National Convention.
Along the way, the ride will make stops in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and Kentucky, before ending up at Kenneth N. Dowden Wayne Post 64 in Indianapolis.
Day-by-day route highlights:
• Aug. 18 – Depart American Legion Post 347, Lady Lake, Fla.; stops at Post 57, Lake City, Fla., and Post 13, Valdosta, Ga.; wreath-laying in Waycross, Ga.
• Aug. 19 – Lunch and wreath laying at Georgia War Veterans Home, Milledgeville, Ga.; dinner at Post 7, Gainesville, Ga.
• Aug. 20 – Stops at Post 28, Spartanburg, S.C..; afternoon parade and stop at American Legion World Series in Shelby, N.C.
• Aug. 21 – Wreath laying in Jonesville, Va., and dinner at Wildcat Harley Davidson, London, Ky.
• Aug. 22 – Lunch at Post 9, Madison, Ind., and finish at Kenneth N. Dowden Wayne Post 64 in Indianapolis.
The 2018 Legacy Run raised a record $1,300,804 for the Legacy Fund, the fifth-straight year the ride has raised more than $1 million. The fund provides college assistance for the children of U.S. military personnel killed on active duty on or after Sept. 11, 2001, as well as children of post-9/11 veterans with a combined VA disability rating of 50 percent or higher.
Registration information will be shared once it becomes available.