The National Veterans Employment & Education Commission annually presents several awards at The American Legion's national convention to honor employers who hire veterans, disabled veterans and older workers. Those who help veterans find employment are also recognized.
The awards include:
- Employer of the Year - Small Business, Mid-Sized Business and Large Business
- Employer of the Disabled Award
- Employer of Older Workers Award
- Local Veterans Employment Representative of the Year
- Outstanding Disabled Veteran Outreach Program Specialist of the Year
- Outstanding Employment Service Office of the Year
- Michael Guty Homeless Veterans Outreach Award
Nomination forms for each award are available through American Legion department headquarters or by clicking here. All entries must be accompanied by an official nomination form with no more than two pages of narrative, along with supporting documents. Departments will send reminders to all posts about nominations.
For more information:
2020 National Award Winners:
Employer of Veterans Award (Small)
Nardis Gun Club
San Antonio, Texas
Employer of Veterans Award (Medium)
Round Rock, Texas
Employer of Veterans Award (Large)
TriWest HealthCare Alliance
Employer of Older Workers Award
Lynden Air Cargo, LLC
Local Veterans’ Employment Representative (LVER) of the Year
Fort Worth, Texas
Disabled Veterans’ Outreach Program (DVOP) Specialist of the Year
Fort Collins, Colo.
Employment of Local Office Award
Workforce Solutions Borderplex - Lower Valley American Job Center
El Paso, Texas
Michael Guty Homeless Veterans Outreach Award
Department of Ohio - Ride with Valor
Enhance the Lives of the Disabled Award
Veteran Outdoors Inc.