The National Veterans Employment & Education Commission annually presents several awards at The American Legion's national convention to honor employers who hire veterans, disabled veterans and older workers. Those who help veterans find employment are also recognized.
The awards include:
- Employer of the Year - Small Business, Mid-Sized Business and Large Business
- Employer of the Disabled Award
- Employer of Older Workers Award
- Local Veterans Employment Representative of the Year
- Outstanding Disabled Veteran Outreach Program Specialist of the Year
- Outstanding Employment Service Office of the Year
Nomination forms for each award are available through American Legion department headquarters. All entries must be accompanied by an official nomination form with no more than two pages of narrative, along with supporting documents. Departments will send reminders to all posts about nominations.
For more information: