The National Veterans Employment & Education Commission annually presents several awards at The American Legion's national convention to honor employers who hire veterans, disabled veterans and older workers. Those who help veterans find employment are also recognized.
The awards include:
- Employer of the Year - Small Business, Mid-Sized Business and Large Business
- Employer of the Disabled Award
- Employer of Older Workers Award
- Local Veterans Employment Representative of the Year
- Outstanding Disabled Veteran Outreach Program Specialist of the Year
- Outstanding Employment Service Office of the Year
- Michael Guty Homeless Veterans Outreach Award
Nomination forms for each award are available through American Legion department headquarters or by clicking here. All entries must be accompanied by an official nomination form with no more than two pages of narrative, along with supporting documents. Departments will send reminders to all posts about nominations.
For more information:
2022 National Award Winners:
Employer of Veterans Award – Small Category
5x5 Brewing Co.
Employer of Veterans Award – Medium Category
San Antonio, TX
Employer of Veterans Award – Large Category
Berry Aviation, Inc.
San Marcos, TX
Local Veterans Employment Representative (LVER) of the Year Award
San Antonio, TX
Disabled Veteran Outreach Program Specialist (DVOP) of the Year Award
Employment Service Local Office of the Year
Workforce Solutions Permian Basin
Employer of Older Workers Award
Morris-Baker Funeral Home & Cremation Services
Johnson City, TN
Enhance the Lives of Disabled Workers Award
Grace After Fire
Michael Guty’s Homeless Veterans Outreach Award
Department of New Jersey - Housing our Heroes