Michael E. Walton
Bridget A. Robinson, CMP, CMM
- To oversee the implementation of The American Legion’s Request for Proposal (RFP) pertaining to the guidelines for selecting cities to be recommended to the National Executive Committee (NEC) for awarding a National Convention bid;
- To supervise and coordinate (with the host Convention Corporation, where applicable) all activities, venues and logistical requirements associated with the conduct of a National Convention. The duties and functions of the host Convention Corporation, where applicable, and National Headquarters of The American Legion are outlined in The American Legion Policy and Procedures for National Convention Corporations and for the National Organization. The American Legion Policy and Procedures to be updated annually in coordination between the National Convention Commission and the National Judge Advocate.
- To administer and refer all National Convention related resolutions to the applicable national commission and the National Executive Committee;
- To assist the Chief Judge and Assistant Chief Judge of Contests with the implementation of procedures supporting the effective conduct of all uniformed groups’ contests at the National Convention;
- To provide financial updates to the Finance Commission at all regular meetings of The American Legion when the Convention Commission is in session;
- Such other purposes as may be assigned to it by the National Executive Committee.