Options available for repaying advances

VA's Debt Management Center (DMC) recently sent out letters advising veterans of their options for repaying the advance payment of education benefits they received for this past fall term.

If you are having trouble reaching DMC over the phone in regards to advance payment recoupment, you can also contact VA's Education Call Center (ECC) toll-free at (888) 442-4551 or visit http://www.pay.va.gov for instructions on how to submit payments. You may also go to www.gibill.va.gov.


  1. This situation cripples my faith in working to do my best. My tuition assistance for Spring 10 semester has NOT been applied. My school Indiana University, rescinded my grant money, ALL student loans, and require immediate payment of tuition PLUS LATE FEES ! After completing my semester a different letter claims that I was not eligible for Ch 30 and must pay back difference for ALL previous months. The 2K advance repayment has been directly withdrawn from my drill pay, sorry wife and 2 kids, Daddy doesn't have any money for you yet... What am I supposed to do. EVERY person I speak with including 7 different POCs on campus refer me to my home unit of a different department. Please help. I have worked hard to earn the ability to attend school. I want to finish, but have VA changing my goalpost. Sincerely- Spc Bardes
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.