Indianapolis to Baltimore, Aug. 23-26, 2015
Legacy Run Ride Plan: PDF Document
Legacy Run GPS File: GPX Document
National Staff and volunteers on the American Legion Riders Advisory Committee have announced the route for the 2015 American Legion Legacy Run, a fundraiser for the American Legion Legacy Scholarship. Online registration is open now and will continue until just before the Run begins on Aug. 23, 2015. Important dates:
- Aug. 22 - Assembly and final registration, American Legion Post 64, Indianapolis.
- Aug. 23 - Indianapolis to Portsmouth, Ohio (243 miles)
- Aug. 24 – Portsmouth to Kent, Ohio (268 miles)
- Aug. 25 – Kent, Ohio to Somerset, Pennsylvania (249 miles)
- Aug. 26 – Somerset, PA to Towson (Baltimore), Maryland (173 miles)
- Aug. 27-30 - ALR activities and events in the Baltimore area.
- Aug. 31-Sept. 2 - The 97th annual American Legion National Convention
The American Legion Legacy Run will travel the open roads and highways along some of the most scenic areas of the United States. Portions will include the Ohio River, historic towns and cities, farmlands, two-lane roads and interstate, and beautiful plains, hills and rivers of Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Maryland. Highlights of Legacy Run 2015 include shorter days, shorter legs, several stops at military and veteran memorials, wreath laying ceremonies (each day), meals at American Legion posts, a return visit to Stoystown, PA and the Flight 93 Memorial, and a three-hour layover at Gettysburg National Battlefield.
The American Legion Legacy Run is open to all licensed motorcyclists with machines (motorcycles, scooters, trikes, Spyders, etc.) of 750cc displacement and above. Riders and passengers must be 18 years of age or older and in good enough physical condition for a multiday, multistate motorcycle run. Motorcycles may be inspected at any time by Run officials for overloading, tire wear, electrical systems, unsafe trailers, and braking systems. DOT-approved helmets are mandatory wear at all times during the Legacy Run.