Purpose of the Brand Mark
The American Legion Riders brand mark was created to address the need to modernize the American Legion Riders brand to appeal to the next generation. Moreover, the new brand mark takes into consideration a host of applications that the original emblem could never have anticipated. Those include digital and social media, special event and sports marketing, lifestyle apparel and more.
Brand Mark versus Emblem
Brand Mark Options
- apparel (use word mark for embroidery)
- business cards, letterhead, email signatures, nametags
- credentials, event badges
- press releases
- digital (apps, web, social, PowerPoint presentations)
- promotional communications (flyers, handouts, etc.)
- events (signs, backdrops, tents, tablecloths, swag/giveaways)
- large back patch (option emblem or brand)
- financial documents
- history books
- legal affairs
- reports & resolutions
- internal manuals & guides
- awards (option emblem or brand)
- building signage (option emblem or brand)
- formal government communications (option emblem or brand)
C:100 M:84 Y:31 K:17
R:0 G:56 B:112
HEX # 1B3D6D
C:12 M:100 Y:91 K:0
R:215 G:33 B:49
HEX # D72131
Like the emblem, the brand mark is legally protected property of the American Legion Riders. Any use outside of the organization – such as merchandising, marketing by groups unaffiliated with the American Legion Riders or at political events – is legally restricted and requires authorization.
The same rules of permission to use the official emblem apply to the brand mark. Those rules, along with an online application form, can be found here.
Download the Branding Guidelines
Click here to download the full American Legion Riders Branding Guidelines.
Download the Brand Mark and Word Mark
Click here to download the American Legion Riders Brand and Word Mark.
Download the Emblem
Click here to download the American Legion Riders Emblem.
For any additional brand-related questions, please contact the American Legion Marketing Division at: