Legion presenting transition workshops June 13 at Fort Hood
The American Legion will conduct transition and employment workshops at Fort Hood in Texas on June 13, the day before Fort Hood’s Mega Job Fair.
Registration for the June 13 workshops is free to all veterans, transitioning servicemembers, active duty, National Guard, reservists and military spouses.
The workshops will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 13 at Phantom Warrior Center, Bldg. 194, 37th St., Fort Hood.
Scheduled workshops include:
· 9-10:15 a.m.: Military to Civilian Transition Resume Workshop. Participants will recognize how to communicate their military expertise in their job application and interviews.
· 10:15-11:15 a.m.: Financial Literacy Workshop. Participants will gain comprehensive knowledge of budgeting, emergency preparedness, and long-term investing.
· 11:15 a.m.-noon: Federal Resume Workshop. This workshop will show you how to alter your resume to fit federal internship and job application requirements.
· Noon-1 p.m.: Networking Luncheon.
· 1-2 p.m.: LinkedIn Workshop. A great LinkedIn profile gives information about your professional background and abilities and helps get you noticed by hiring managers.
· 2-3 p.m.: The American Legion Department Service Officer Claims Briefing/Assistance.
Job seekers will need to present a valid state or federal issued ID and registration ticket to enter Fort Hood.
To register, click here.