The 2022 National American Legion College is scheduled for Dec. 11-16 in Indianapolis at American Legion National Headquarters. Visit legion.org/college/application to download a student application. All applications must be submitted and endorsed by your respective department by July 31.
According to the National American Legion College course syllabus, applicants must complete the online American Legion Basic Training course as a prerequisite to submitting an application. Another qualification is that applicants must be a current (paid) member of The American Legion and a member for at least three years prior to the NALC session.
National Legion College will provide instruction using classroom lectures and small group interactive techniques. A few areas of discussion that will be addressed during the program include:
- Leadership and mentoring at the post level and beyond.
- Communication, critical thinking and problem solving tools and techniques.
- Resolution writing.
- Use of personality types in personnel management.
- Training platforms for department, district or post level.
- Post meeting management through parliamentary techniques.