As elections for the 2021-2022 membership year are underway, newly elected adjutants and commanders at the post, squadron, county and district level will have access to the administrative side of www.Mylegion.org through their individual account. This access occurs as soon as officers are reported and entered into The American Legion national membership database. Reporting of officers is done through the department using the department’s officer certification form.
If you have a MyLegion.org account, there is nothing more that you will need to do upon your elected officer position. If you have not registered for a MyLegion.org account, please follow the steps on page 4 so you can access the membership tools available to you as an officer.
Please remember that as of April 1, all MyLegion.org accounts are individual accounts with a single sign-on. Each registered user will have one profile. When you have been updated as an adjutant or commander and log into mylegion.org, you will still have access to your personal membership data in MY ACCOUNT but the MY GROUPS tab will now appear. Post, district, county, detachment and squadron officers will see additional officer tools under MY GROUPS to manage membership and have full access to electronic rosters.
Even though sharing of credentials is no longer available, administrative officers have authority to assign MY GROUPS permission to others who have their own MyLegion.org account. Information about assigning group permissions is available in Online Help at mylegion.org/PersonifyEbusiness/Resources/Help under the MY GROUPS tab.
My Groups provides the capability to:
- Export and print electronic membership roster.
- Email members.
- View and edit member information.
- Access membership functions such as view members; see members renewed online; do a global member lookup; access reports and labels; process membership; and manage Consolidated Post Reports and Consolidated Squadron Report.
Don’t have MyLegion.org account? Register now
Register a MyLegion.org account with the email address on your membership record. Do not register with a public email such as firstname.lastname@example.org. To verify the email on your membership record, contact your department headquarters or American Legion Customer Service at 800-433-3318.
Account registration help is available at mylegion.org/PersonifyEbusiness/Resources/Help to assist with registration, navigating your account and My Groups for American Legion and Sons leadership. Videos are also provided to walk you through how to use the new MyLegion.org platform.
To register a MyLegion.org account:
1. Go to mylegion.org and select “Register.”
2. Enter your email in the Register window and click “Next.” Register with the email address on your membership record.
3. Enter your Last Name, First Name and check consents and click “Next.”
4. Create your password in the welcome window.
5. The email entered must be verified. The email is verified one of two ways:
• Enter the one time password (OTP) sent to your email and click “Finish Registration.” This is sent after step 2.
• Do not enter OTP and click “Finish Registration.” An email will be sent with a link to confirm and returns to the login page.
6. Click “My Account” from your MyLegion.org home page to view your membership information. Officers registering for post and squadron access will find that information on the My Account window.
ATTEND MYLEGION.ORG VIRTUAL WORKSHOP
A virtual workshop on the new MyLegion.org platform will be held during the 102nd National Convention in Phoenix on Aug. 30. The number of in-person attendees will be limited; however, anyone can participate virtually. Details to follow.