The American Legion is looking forward to hosting its 103rd National Convention in Milwaukee, Aug. 27-Sept.2.
Department adjutants need to email recommendations for national convention assistant sergeant-at-arms by Friday, July 1, to James Baca, executive director of National Headquarters in Indianapolis, at email@example.com. In your email, include the mailing address of each recommendation since a letter of appointment will be sent. This request appears in the Department Adjutant’s Administrative Manual.
OFFICIAL CREDENTIALS FOR NATIONAL CONVENTION
The following credentials are considered acceptable official credentials for admittance to all national convention venues (to include the convention floor, exhibit hall, shuttle bus transportation, etc.):
- National Headquarters staff badge
- Distinguished Guest badge
- Commission & Committee Visitor badge
- The American Legion Convention badge
- American Legion Auxiliary Convention badge
- Sons of The American Legion Convention badge
- News media credential
- Special ID Card for past national commanders
- Exhibitor’s badge
The following are not acceptable for admittance to a national convention venue (to include the convention floor, exhibit hall, shuttle bus transportation, etc.):
- White Ribbon with blue lettering marked “Delegation Chairman”
- White Ribbon with blue lettering marked “Delegation Secretary”
- Delegate (blue), Alternate (yellow) or Guest (red) ribbon
- The American Legion Media Association (TALMA) Pass
- The American Legion Media Association (TALMA) Button
These credentials are merely used as forms of identification. For entrance to convention venues, all of the above must be worn in conjunction with a national convention badge.
All delegates and alternates, as well as guests to the respective national conventions of The American Legion, must register prior to, or during, the national convention. Proper registration will ensure each attendee has the necessary credentials to enter the venues of the national convention. Without the proper credentials, access to various venues of the national convention will be denied.
All guests of the American Legion Family who are 18 years of age or older will be required to register just as delegates and alternates are required to register. Guests who are younger than 18 years of age, and who are not delegates or alternates to the SAL or Auxiliary National Conventions, will be provided guest credentials at no charge.
Registration fee for delegates, alternates and guests 18 years of age or older attending the national convention is $25 per person.
Delegate, alternate and guest certification forms will be emailed to all departments in early July.
The following is identification information for the National Convention in Milwaukee:
- The National Sergeant-at-Arms and Special Assistants wear red arm bands.
- Assistant sergeants-at-arms wear blue arm bands.
- Convention badges worn by commission and committee visitors have a purple ribbon with gold lettering marked “Commission & Committee Visitor.”
- Convention badges worn by delegates have a blue ribbon with gold lettering marked “Delegate.”
- Convention badges worn by alternates have a yellow ribbon with blue lettering marked “Alternate.”
- Convention bages worn by guests have a red ribbon with gold lettering marked “Guest.”