I am currently receiving my Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits as a full-time student at a barber college. I have been looking for a part-time job while attending school. I recently heard about the VA Work-Study program. Do I qualify to participate in this program?

The VA Work-Study Allowance program is available to persons training on a full-time or three-quarters-time basis. You will earn an hourly wage equal to the federal or state minimum wage, whichever is greater. However, the services you may perform under a VA work-study program must be related to VA work, including:
Preparation and processing of necessary papers or other documents at educational institutions.
Any activity at a VA facility.
DoD or state veterans agency related to providing assistance to veterans in obtaining any benefit under Title 38, U.S. Code.
Any veterans-related position in an institution of higher learning.
To obtain information concerning the work-study program, contact your school or VA.