We've revised the Paid Up For Life program and streamlined the application process.
Current members may now enroll in the Paid Up For Life program online or can print a personalized application and mail in their payment. Pay in full or choose 12 monthly installments.
- No more renewal notices. No more paying annual dues.
- No more worrying, "Did I renew my membership or not?"
- Join the other 184,000 PUFL Legionnaires in saying, "I believe in The American Legion and what it's doing. I’m in this for the long haul."
- Avoid future dues increases. No matter what inflation does, you never have to pay another penny in dues.
- Lifetime subscription to The American Legion Magazine!
Each Paid Up For Life member receives a permanent plastic card, as well as an annual paper card to verify continuing membership in The American Legion. The annual card is mailed in July of each year.
For more information about the Paid Up For Life program, contact customer service at (800) 433-3318.
For Post and Department Officers (Effective June 1, 2016)
Effective June 1, 2016 all previous Paid Up For Life rate charts are superseded and the online version is the only valid rate chart; it is based on post dues of $48.00 or less. If the post’s dues are $48.01 or higher, please call National’s Customer Service number to receive a price quote. If you have any questions, you should contact your department headquarters or call Customer Service at 1-800-433-3318 for assistance.
Lifetime membership can be paid either in one single lump sum or over 12 equal, monthly payments. If a member chooses the Time Pay Plan, payment must be made by credit card only. (Check for online promotions if paying in full.) Once a member fulfills the PUFL membership dues, he/she will be protected from any future dues increases at the post, department or national levels.
All PUFL applications must be submitted to National Headquarters by one of two methods:
1. Online applications: Visit MyLegion.org to complete an online application.
2. Call Customer Service: Members can speak to a customer service specialist by calling 1-800-433-3318. They can answer questions regarding the PUFL program as well as print and mail PUFL applications or take them over the phone.