As 2020 finally winds to a close, so too does the 2020 fundraising campaign for The American Legion Legacy Scholarship Fund. American Legion Family members and others have until Dec. 31 to donate to this year’s Virtual Legacy Run and help achieve the goal of $100,000 raised online. To donate, click here.
While the coronavirus forced the cancellation of the 15th annual American Legion Legacy Run – the primary fundraiser for the Legacy Scholarship Fund – the need to raise money for the children of fallen military and disabled veterans remains. Five of the previous six Legacy Runs have raised more than $1 million for a fund that since 2004 has awarded $3.6 million in aid to 401 military children of the fallen and those with parents who became over 50% disabled on active duty since 2001.
In order to continue raising money for the Legacy Scholarship Fund during these times, The American Legion has created a tiered donation program to provide an alternative way for individual American Legion Family members to contribute to the fund. Donations start at $15, signifying the 15th year of the Legacy Run, and will entitle the donor to various souvenirs from this year’s altered Legacy Run, as has been the case for participants in and donors to previous rides. The tiered individual donation program is:
• Tier 1 - $15: Donors receive a thank-you card signed by the national commander and American Legion Riders chairman.
• Tier 2 - $25: Donors receive a 15th Annual challenge coin.
• Tier 3 - $50: Donors receive a 15th Annual Ride t-shirt.
• Tier 4 - $75: Donors receive “For the Cause, Not the Applause”, a new 44-page, photo-filled history of The American Legion’s Legacy Run’s first 15 years; the ride’s main patch and a “Quarantined 2020 Riding in Spirit” rocker.
• Tier 5 - $250: Donors receive all the above items.
Donations also can be mailed to:
The American Legion Legacy Run
PO Box 1055
Indianapolis, IN 46206
Attention: Internal Affairs & Membership Division
(Please include shirt size)