The American Legion’s Tango Alpha Lima podcast welcomes Backpacks for Life co-founders Marine Corps veteran Brett D'Alessandro and Alexa Modero in this week’s episode. The couple started Backpacks for Life after D'Alessandro returned from his deployment to Afghanistan in 2014.
Check out the new episode to learn more about D'Alessandro, who is a member of American Legion Post 18 in Weehawken, N.J., and Backpacks for Life, including how:
1. A simple encounter with a homeless veteran propelled D'Alessandro to start the nonprofit.
2. The couple guides their nonprofit to achieve its mission, “to provide a unique and personalized support system for homeless and at-risk veterans who are struggling to re-integrate into civilian life.”
3. The backpacks are specifically designed for homeless vets.
4. Many individual backpacks have been distributed in just a few years.
5. Their newest program, “Roger That,” helps veterans in New Jersey.
Check out the new podcast by downloading and listening to it, or watch the YouTube version, at legion.org/tangoalphalima. You can also find all previous episodes at that link.
If you haven’t already, please take a moment to rate and review the podcast on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or other platform-hosting sites. That helps others with an interest in military topics, veterans issues and patriotism find Tango Alpha Lima.
Learn more about Backpacks For Life, www.backpacksforlife.org