Dear American Legion and Sons of The American Legion users of MyLegion.org,
The new and improved MyLegion.org and MySAL.org sites are coming soon! The officer’s portals will be receiving new designs and user interface improvements beginning April 1, 2021. This will affect the officer’s current online access to membership information, rosters, reports and online membership processing. So here are some points to help with the transition.
What to expect:
• Temporary Down Time – From 10 p.m. EDT on Friday, March 19 to noon EDT on Sunday, March 21.
• Please submit all online membership transmittals (renewals/new member adds) by Friday, March 26. Any open batches will not be transferred over to the new system during conversion.
• The new MyLegion.org and MySal.org platforms go live Thursday, April 1 at 8 a.m. EDT!
First-time login to the new system? Here is what you need to do:
• If you have not updated your personal account since Jan. 1, 2021, you will need to create a new account on April 1.
• Registration for your new account on the system will be achieved using the email address on your membership record. The email address must be present on your membership record to access District/County/Post/Squadron rosters online.
• Double check your current membership record to make sure an email address is populated by logging on to the MEMBERS SECTION at MyLegion.org.
• No longer necessary to share login credentials.
• Each user will have one profile. Once logged in, you will have access to your personal membership data. District/County/Post/Detachment/ Squadron officers will see additional options under MY GROUPS to process membership, along with getting full access to electronic rosters.
• Adjutants and commanders alike will have access to the membership rosters.
• Other officers/individuals can be granted access to the membership roster by the adjutant or commander.
• Online Help Documentation.
Tune-in March 30th for training on the new MyLegion.org:
On Tuesday, March 30, at 7 p.m. EDT, training will be provided on how American Legion and Sons of The American Legion members can manage their personal information through MyLegion.org, and how Legion and Sons officers can manage post and squadron membership. To participate in the training session, visit legion.org/training/training-tuesdays for the link to join the MyLegion.org training. This training will also be recorded and published for future reference.
For more information, visit the following links: