On Thursday, April 1, the new MyLegion.org goes live.
The newly designed website and user interface improvements will provided enhanced membership benefits and tools to American Legion and Sons members, and post, district and department officers who are registered users of MyLegion.org.
New improvements you will see
• Administrative officers no longer have to share login credentials, and can assign a group administrator access using their own MyLegion.org credentials.
• Each registered user will have one profile. Once logged in, you will have access to your personal membership data in MY ACCOUNT. District/county/post/detachment/squadron officers will see additional officer tools under MY GROUPs to manage membership, and have full access to electronic rosters.
• Adjutants and commanders alike will have access to the membership rosters.
• Other officers/individuals can be granted access to the membership roster by the adjutant or commander.
• Add a photo and emergency contact information can be added to a member record.
• MyLegion.org is now for Sons of The American Legion members. Squadron members log in through MyLegion.org.
MyLegion.org benefits for registered users:
• Manage profile information and make updates.
• Print a membership card.
• Renew membership (available to Legion members only) online, or set up automatic membership renewal.
• View member-only discounts, from retail to travel.
• Manage subscription to The American Legion Magazine, Dispatch newsletter and other American Legion e-newsletters.
MyLegion.org post and squadron officer membership management tools
• Process membership and transmittal history
• Create membership reports
• View revitalization reports
• Manage member data
• View post current roster
• Search global member lookup using ID or name
• Create letters and labels for headquarters transfers
• Fulfill and submit Consolidated Post Report and Consolidated Squadron Report
• Download officer materials, brochures and speeches
• Online help documentation
First-time login to the new system on April 1? Here is what you need to do:
• If you have not updated your personal account since Jan. 1, 2021, you will need to create a new account on April 1.
• Registration for your new account on the system will be achieved using the email address on your membership record. The email address must be present on your membership record to access District/County/Post/Squadron rosters online.
• Double check your current membership record to make sure an email address is populated by logging on to the MEMBERS SECTION at MyLegion.org.
MyLegion.org Training: Tune in March 30
On Tuesday, March 30, at 7 p.m. EDT, training will be provided on how American Legion and Sons of The American Legion members can manage their personal information through MyLegion.org, and how Legion and Sons officers can manage post and squadron membership. To participate in the training session, visit legion.org/training/training-tuesdays for the link to join the MyLegion.org training.