Eliminate the yearly hassle of remembering to renew your American Legion membership by taking advantage of the new multiyear membership available to current and potential members. Legionnaires needing to renew for 2024 or veterans joining the organization for the first time can lock-in a three-year membership by visiting legion.org/renew or legion.org/join.
A multiyear membership was approved by the National Executive Committee of The American Legion during the organization’s Spring Meetings last May. Resolution 1: Purchase of Multiple Years of Membership approves “a five-year pilot program offering the purchase of three consecutive 12-month member terms at the then current dues rate.”
Here is what you need to know about the three-year membership:
- Multiyear membership sign-up is only available on the national American Legion website. Current or potential members cannot renew or join for a three-year membership at the post level or through MyLegion.org.
- Renew now with a three-year membership by visiting legion.org/renew.
- Join now with a three-year membership by visiting legion.org/join.
- Legionnaires already renewed for 2024 will soon be able to renew under the multi-year membership starting with the 2025 membership year.
- Payment for the three-year membership will be upfront.
- There is not a discounted rate with the three-year membership.
- Membership cards will still be sent annually by Legion posts.
- Those who sign up for a multiyear membership will not receive a renewal notice during the time they have signed up for the multiyear membership.
Please note that the multiyear membership will work just like PUFL. Whatever rate the member renews at is the what the post/department/national will receive for the duration of that timeframe. For example, if a member renews today (before national per-capita $5 dues increase come July 1, 2024), National will receive $18.50 for the next three years. Let’s say the department’s per capita is currently $10 and is going to raise to $15 come July 1, 2024. The department will receive the $10 for the next three years. Once the member renews after the three year renewal is up, the renewal rate will adjust to the rate at that time.