There are many ways individuals and groups can help bring greater awareness to this symbolic flower, honor our fallen and support the living heroes on National Poppy Day®, May 22, 2020.
EVERYONE CAN HELP
Anyone can participate in National Poppy Day®. Here are a few simple ways:
- Wear a red poppy all day and tell everyone why.
- Distribute poppies to friends, co-workers and family and tell everyone why.
- Collect donations at your workplace to give to the Poppy Program. CLICK TO BUY A COLLECTION CAN
- Tell the story on Facebook of who you are wearing your poppy to remember or support on National Poppy Day®. Don’t forget to tag us! #PoppyDay #LegionFamily
- Accept a poppy and make a donation if you see a member of The American Legion Family in your neighborhood distributing poppies.
AMERICAN LEGION FAMILY MEMBERS CAN HELP
Raise awareness and increase participation in your post, unit and community.
Downloadable, high resolution National Poppy Day® logos in different formats.
Downloadable full, half and quarter page ads.
Downloadable National Poppy Day poster.