The original memorial was between two houses on a city block. Each house sat on the corner and the entire middle was a park. Green and lush. In the center was a sidewalk leading to a marble Memorial Wall. The wall was dedicated to the memory of our deceased veterans of WWI and WWII in 1950. The revision was the addition of brick along side the sidewalk (containing names of those who contributed to the construction and upkeep) with a marble plaque in each brick walkway edging to commemorate those who died in the Korean War and the Vietnam War. Original: American Legion Post #101, VFW Post #2745 & County Commissioners.; Revision: La-Kee-Kon Garden Club in 1990.
Date of Installation:
July 4, 1950
Organization Responsible for Installation:
Erected 1950 by the Newton Martin McKellar Post No. 101 of the American Legion, The Nowata County Okla. V.F.W. Post No. 2745 and The County Commissioners: Orie Price, Clark Couch and Earl Crobin.
Memorial War Era(s):
Pine St., 1 block N. of US-60, Nowata, OK 74048
Published on December 4, 2016