Dedicated on Veterans Day, November 11, 1953, this building serves as the post home for Daniel Simpson American Legion Post 630. It was built with donations from local residents (blocks were bought by residents to construct the building). The Community Memorial Center was officially dedicated as a "Living Memorial" -- structure not of stone and steel, wood or brick but living from the spirit of a community, seeing the first flush of dawn and feeling the warm rays of the setting sun -- a truly living memorial. Dedicated to those who served in WWI and WWII as well as those killed in both wars. Plans are currently under way to move the bronze plaques from the Memorial Center to the new Elburn Veterans Memorial Park once approved.
Date of Installation:
November 11, 1953
Organization Responsible for Installation:
Village of Elburn
Memorial War Era(s):
112 N. Main St. Elburn, IL 60119 Lat 41.89264 Lon -88.47241
Published on February 17, 2017