The anchor of the U.S.S. Aaron Ward was given to the Navy Club in memory of a son who was serving on this destroyer when he was killed in 1945. The anchor was rededicated by the Elgin Civic Association and The Elgin Trade's Council in 1971.
Date of Installation:
September 6, 1971
Organization Responsible for Installation:
Mr. and Mrs. Schroeder
Memorial War Era(s):
Bluff City Cemetery 945 Bluff City Road Elgin, Illinois 60120
Published on December 21, 2020