2021 Virtual National Membership Workshop:
The 58th annual National Membership Workshop will be hosted live through Microsoft Teams. National Headquarters staff and Department of Maryland Adjutant Russell Myers will present sessions on several American Legion programs and initiatives that support the workshop’s theme of “Growing and Retaining Membership.”
The National Membership Workshop will open with remarks from National Commander James W. “Bill” Oxford and Membership & Post Activities Committee Chairman John W. “Jay” Bowen of Colorado, as well as from Paul Dillard of Texas, leading candidate for 2021-2022 national commander.
See the National Membership Workshop agenda here. The agenda features discussion topics and presenters, times and Microsoft Teams links to each live session. The workshop starts at 3 p.m. Eastern each day, with links going live 15 minutes prior to each training session.
Anyone can attend the virtual trainings for free. No license or special software is required. Simply click the “Attendee Link” on the agenda under the training module you wish to attend. You can also access the links below. All trainings will be recorded and available for later viewing.
Have a question or comment? Type it in the chat feature. All attendees will be muted during the live training, but the Microsoft Teams chat feature allows for questions or comments at any time. National Headquarters staff will be moderating the training sessions and will answer the questions live.
MONDAY, July 26, 3-6 p.m. Eastern
ATTENDEE LINK: NMW Monday, July 26, 2021
- GREETINGS FROM NATIONAL COMMANDER – Bill Oxford (NC)
- GREETINGS FROM THE NATIONAL MEMBERSHIP AND POST ACTIVIVITES CHAIRMAN – John W. “Jay” Bowen (CO)
- GREETINGS FROM LEADING CANDIDATE FOR NATIONAL COMMANDER – Paul Dillard (TX)
MEMBERSHIP AWARDS FOR POST/DISTRICT/DEPARTMENTS – Nick Arnett (IN) Member Engagement Coordinator
- VETERANS EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT – Joe Sharpe (DC), Director
- VETERANS AFFAIRS & REHABILITATION – Mario Marquez, (DC) Director
- EMBLEM SALES – Kevin Carothers, Marketing Manager (SAL-IN)
- AMERICANISM – Jeff Hendricks, Deputy Director (IN)
TUESDAY, July 27, 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM Eastern
ATTENDEE LINK: NMW Tuesday, July 27, 2021
- DISTRICT COMMANDER RESPONSIBILITIES – Ken George (CA) SAL/ALR Liaison
- POST ADMINISTRATION – Russell Meyers (MD), Adjutant, Department of Maryland
- NATIONAL WEBSITE TRAINING MATERIALS – Michele Emery, (ALA-IN) Training/Member Engagement Coordinator
- MEMBERSHIP RETENTION – Ron Neff (IN), Member Engagement Coordinator
WEDNESDAY, July 28, 3:00 PM – 5 PM Eastern
ATTENDEE LINK: NMW Wednesday, July 28, 2021
- MYLEGION MEMBERSHIP PROCESSING – Libby Vickers, (ALA OH) MyLegion/AIM Support Services, IT Division
- DISTRICT/POST REVITALIZATION – Michele Steinmetz, (CA) Member Engagement Coordinator
- CONSOLIDATED POST REPORTING – Kevin Mook (MD), Member Engagement Coordinator
THURSDAY, July 29, 3:00 – 5 PM
ATTENDEE LINK: NMW Thursday, July 29, 2021
- NATIONAL MARKETING CAMPAIGNS – Dean Kessel, Executive Director, Marketing Division
- RECONNECT/TRANSITION CENTERS – Doug Chace, (IN), Member Engagement Coordinator
- VETERANS STRENGTHENING AMERICA – Jeff Stoffer, (SAL-CO), Director, Media & Communications Division
2020 Virtual Membership Workshop
A virtual session of the 57th annual National Membership Workshop was held Aug. 3-6. The theme this year was “Growing a Post.” The workshop was hosted live through Microsoft Teams. National Headquarters staff were the presenters and moderators.
The PowerPoint slides and audio presentations for each session can be used for training at the post, district and department level.
Access the eight audio presentations at https://vimeo.com/showcase/4552712.
Download the PowerPoint presentations to each session: