The American Legion Legacy Run, August 2018
Are you ready to “Ride for the Kids” again this year? Following is some information on the 2018 Ride that will have you ready to pack your saddlebags!
DATES: August 19th through August 23rd
BEFORE THE RIDE: Registration, all rider briefings, and motorcycle safety training on August 18th
WHERE: This year’s Legacy Run begins our Centennial Ride in the Department of Kansas and ends near Minneapolis, MN, the site of the annual American Legion Convention
THE ROUTE: We will travel through the Departments of Missouri, Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota – 5 Departments in 5 Days
- National World War I Museum and Memorial, Kansas City, MO
- A stop (TBD) at the American Legion Memorial Fountain, Kansas City, MO
- Harry S. Truman Presidential Library, Independence, MO
- Travel into Iowa
- A visit to Polaris and the Indian Motorcycle Factory Customer Appreciation Center
- Travel across Iowa into Wisconsin
- From Wisconsin into Minnesota for a visit to The Soldiers Field Veterans Memorial, Spam Museum, Hormel Historic Home, Mower County Historical Society and a few surprises!
- Travel to Ft. Snelling Cemetery and Veterans Home
- As we approach our final destination, a brief ride through the Eagles Healing Nest in Anoka, MN
- The Ride ends at Post 102 in Anoka, MN
- Each day we will both lunch and dinner at an American Legion Post and all Posts except one are 1919-1920 Chartered Posts in honor of our Centennial year
- This year we are encouraging any American Legion Riders and supporters who cannot attend the Legacy Run to register as a “Supporter” for $20.00. All Supporter registrants will receive a specially minted 2018- 2019 Centennial Legacy Run Pin, patch set and some surprises!
More detailed information is coming soon.
Please stay tuned as we make final preparations to Ride for the Kids!
The 2018 American Legion Legacy Run commemorative T-shirts are now available.
Click Here for details.
If you have specific questions or concerns, please feel free to contact The American Legion National Riders Advisory Committee Chairman and Legacy Run Chief Road Captain Bob Sussan either by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone (703-328-7691).